Rice with Fideo

Rice with Fideo

Rice with Fideo is a basic dish in Egypt, served with vegetables. I am not sure if fideo is available in stores in all countries. It is a kind of a very fine pasta , looks like fine noddles or vermicelli. I added an image of it so you will picture how it looks like. You can also add fideo to soup same like noddles . The fried fideo gives the rice special taste, makes it much more tastier than the plain cooked rice. My husband loves the rice made this way but I love the golden white rice more. He asks me to put lots of fideo in it, he wants it fideo with rice not the other way around, but I still wouldn't do it this way because it wouldn't be rice anymore .

Ingredients:

1 cup white rice.

½ cup Fideo.

¼ cup oil.

1 ¼ cup water.

½ tsp salt

Method:

1- Stir fry the fideo until golden color. 

2- Add the rice, the water and the salt.

3- Bring to boil then cook at a very low heat.

Comments